Tired of giving your sweetheart flowers that will fade within a week? Here are a few Valentine’s Day ideas that will sweeten your holiday:
- Give Valentine’s seed packets. Rather than giving out little paper valentines that will just be thrown away at the end of the day, grow your relationships with a gift that can flourish alongside your love.
- Create a succulent box to give a gift that will live on in their heart.
- Plan a sustainable holiday using natural resources for a crafty DIY, or even an activity with your date.
- Give a live plant (like an azalea or a curated container) rather than roses that only last a few days in a vase.
- Use your garden’s flowers like lavender or rose petals for homemade gifts like bath bombs, oils, or other sweet-smelling self-care treats.
Whatever your plans on this holiday, be aware of the impact a simple gift can make on both a person and the planet. Rather than spending big, aim for a meaningful touch that shows them you care.